Today Tricks Academy comes with his first post on this blog. It’s about how to setup hosted wordpress blog. In this post we will cover how I setup my blog on wordpress and which plugin we need to setup the blog. WordPress is the one of most popular blog platform with more then 76 million sites around the world.Wordpress have plugin directory that will help you to create your blog without any coding.
You are thinking about when there are many free platform of blogging where we can start blog free like blogger.com,wordpress.com,Typepad.com etc then why we need to setup hosted wordpress blog? We will answer your question step by step.
Hosted wordpress blog Vs other free blog palteform :
There are many blog platform like blogger.com,wordpress.com,Typepad.com where we can start blogging absolutely free. But we don’t have much control on this platform. We can’t use our separate domain name. they will hosted your blog in their sub domin for example: yourdomain.wordpress.com. if you need to your separate domain like yourdomain.com then on wordpress.com you have take paid service. So on free platform we don’t have full control on our blog. If you are serious blogger and really want that your blog will be famous and want earn some money from blog then you have to go with self hosted wordpress blog. We will learn you how to setup self hosted blog.
Register a domain and web hosting
First you will find your area of interest in which you want to write blog and then select a descriptive domain name which defines your blog or its subject. There are many hosting website those provide hosting with domain registration. But first you will go for this please checks the minimum requirement for blog hosting.
To host Tricks Academy we use namecheap.com for domain registration and hostgator.in for webhosting because both website provide 24×7 support and user friendly cpanel easy to install dns server name. and on hostgator one click wordpress installation don’t need any developer or coding. Any one can install their blog with in 10 minutes. We will explain you step by step how can we will setup our Tricks academy that will help you to setup your blog.
- Go to website namecheap.com and search your domain name is available or not if your domain name is not available then search another one.
- Add your available domain to cart and view cart for payment
- See your subtotal at namecheap First year you will get Free WhoisGurd that will protect your personal information to others. If you have promo code you can enter so you get some rebate in amount. Final confirm your order.
- For payment you have to login in namecheap website if you have account its fine just login into it otherwise create a account and login for payment. You can payment by your debit card/credit card.
Read more: Benefits Of Bookmark Submission Services
- In first step we has purchased the domain name now its time to purchase suitable hosting plan. Purchasing hosting plan we have to visit hostgator.in and then choose hosting->shared basically hostgator have three hosting plan see image below. Choose one of them according to your need. I have choose hatchling plan for Tricks academy because I want single domain hosting if you have more then one you can go for baby plan or business plan.
- In first step we already purchased the domain name so when you click buy on hosting plan it will ask you “Do you already have a domain for your hosting plan?” click on yes.
- now enter your domain name you can choose CodeGuard service for secure your website. Protect your website form crashes and cloud backup its up to your choice. I did not use this service for Tricks Academy. Click on continue.
- In next step you see your order summary if you have coupon code you can apply it for discount. By default hostgator give 20% discount by This coupon code “SUNSHINE” and then continue.(hostgator checkout.png)
- Sign into your account if you have already registered or create an account then login to account for payment. You can payment by credit card/debit card , net banking.
You have successfully registered your domain name and hosting now its time to setup hosted wordpress blog.
Read more: SEO Is Important